Hang a festive Toilet Paper Roll Ornament on your Christmas tree this year. Yes, I did say 'toilet paper roll.'
You will be pleasantly surprised at how easily you can take a piece of trash and transform it into something beautiful.
Here is an eye-catching ornament that is very simple and easy to make, and yes, it uses toilet paper rolls.
It would look very pretty hanging on any Christmas tree. Very few materials are needed to create this dazzler and this craft can be made in a giffy.
Grab some toilet paper rolls and let's get crafting...
1. Measure 1 cm units on each toilet paper roll (you should get 9 - 10 units out of each toilet paper roll).
2. Cut the toilet paper rolls into 1 cm units.
3. Paint six units red and paint another six units white (be sure to paint inside and outside the units)
4. When the paint is dry you can start gluing the units together. Glue six of the units together at their bottoms so that they form a flower shape.
5. Do the same with the other six units.
6. When you have two complete flowers made juxtapose them with one on top of the other and glue them together. I glued these flowers together by putting glue around the inner circle.
7. When the glue is dry attach a ribbon and then hang your ornament.
Wasn't that easy? This craft is so easy and inexpensive to make. Make lots of these pretty, cheap Christmas ornaments and then hang them on your tree and revel in how you just turned trash to treasure.
Here are some other craft ideas for kids that you might like.
Just click on the picture to view the craft.