Making this pretty Toilet Paper Roll Snowflake is a fun way to kick off the Christmas season. Let's get this party started!
How pretty is this snowflake? It is an icy blue, sparkly tipped snowflake that is easily made using an empty toilet paper roll.
See how pretty it looks hanging on the sparkly twigs?
This is an easy-to-make craft that requires very little materials and can be made in a short period of time.
This would be a great Christmas craft to make with kids in the classroom setting or as a fun craft to do with your kids on an afternoon they are bored.
So save your empty toilet paper rolls, stash them away for another day when they can be used to make Christmas ornaments. Let's begin the tutorial!
1. Measure and mark 1/2 cm from the bottom of the tube and draw a line all around the empty toilet paper roll.
2. Measure and mark 2.3 cm units going around the tube and draw a line horizontally from the line you drew in step 1 to the top of the toilet paper tube. Do this on all the 2.3 cm marks you made going around the toilet paper roll.
3. Cut down the lines. Start at the top of the tube and cut down the line until you reach the line you drew in step 1.
4. Paint or decorate the snowflake any way you like.
5. Once you finish decorating the snowflake attach the string to hang it with. Either glue the string to the back of the snowflake or poke a hole in the top of the snowflake and thread the string through the hole.
Congratulations, you have now made your very own toilet paper roll snowflake. I think kids will love this craft and will be excited and proud to hang their snowflake on the Christmas tree for everyone to see.
Here are some other craft ideas for kids that you might like.
Just click on the picture to view the craft.