This Yarn Christmas Ball is an easy and inexpensive craft to make. And not only that, you can use any color of the rainbow to make your Christmas ornament.
I am 100% in love with these yarn Christmas ornaments. I knew they would look good when I began the craft, but the end result was even better than I had anticipated.
They are definitely a little piece of ornament art and I can't wait to hang these beauties on my tree this year (and neither can my husband - and he is not a crafter!).
1. To begin take the metal top off the ornament.
2. Put some glue around the top of the ornament and then put the metal top back on. I do this because it drives me nuts how insecure those tops are.
3. Apply a small line of glue right under the metal top.
4. Quickly apply the yarn. I say quickly because hot glue dries pretty fast.
5. Follow this procedure until the entire ornament is covered in yarn.
6. Once I finished I grabbed one those plastic tools you use to push cuticles back. I used this to remove any extra glue I found popping out between the rows of yarn. You don't have to do this, I just thought I'd add it because that's what I did.
I haven't decided how I am going to hang these ornaments yet. I will either hang them with some nice ribbon or with the metal ornament hooks.
The ribbon would give the ornaments more of a crafty feel whereas the hooks would give them more of an understated feeling.
I think I'll just decide when the time comes.
* Update - I used ribbon to hang the ornaments and they looked awesome hanging on my Christmas tree!*
Here are some other craft ideas you might like.
Just click on the picture to view the craft.