A colorful Toilet Paper Roll Garland is an easy Christmas craft for kids to make. Get them started and watch them smile and laugh while they make a festive garland to hang in their home over the holidays.
This craft is a wonderful way to recycle empty toilet paper rolls. Instead of throwing them in the garbage set them aside and use them to make kids crafts.
Empty toilet paper rolls are easy to work with, cheap, easy to find, and can be used to make fun kids holiday crafts.
Teaching kids to recycle this Christmas is easy with this festive craft idea.
1. First you will have to cut the empty toilet paper rolls into smaller units. Take the ruler and measure 1cm units on the toilet paper rolls. You should be able to make 9-10 units out of each toilet paper roll.
2. Cut the toilet paper rolls into units.
3. Paint the outside of the units red, white, and green (or whatever colors you like).
4. Now paint the inside of the units. You can paint the outside and the inside the same color or different colors.
When the paint has dried use a hot glue gun to glue the toilet paper
rolls together to form a chain. I didn't try gluing the rolls with
normal glue so you may wish to try that instead of using a hot glue gun.
* I suggest that only an adult uses the hot glue gun *
6. Make the chain as long as you like and then hang it.
You're all done! Wasn't that an easy way to make a Christmas garland with kids while teaching them about recycling. Enjoy!
Here are some other craft ideas for kids that you might like.
Just click on the picture to view the craft.