Making an adorable Paper Plate Snowman Garland is the perfect way for kids to ring in the Christmas season. Turn on "Frosty the Snowman" and watch the kids laugh and play while they create snowman faces.
I saw this craft idea on Google during one of my many searches for easy kids crafts. I fell in love with it immediately and just had to make one.
It is an easy craft project to do with kids and they will certainly be excited to make it. My youngest son and I made this together and we had a blast doing it.
We brainstormed what kind of things we could actually use to make a snowman's face (oranges, apples, acorns, rocks, sticks, etc.) and then we used these ideas to draw the snowman faces.
If you are looking for kids holiday crafts to make in the classroom then you should consider making this one.
1. Draw various face designs on the paper plates. As a class activity, you could have the children brainstorm things they could use in real life to make the snowman's face. Use this time to incorporate language arts, math, or science into an art lesson.
2. After the faces have been drawn paint them.
3. I traced my drawings in black marker after the paint was dry to make them stand out more but you could skip this step if you like.
4. With the hole puncher punch two holes at the top of the paper plates.
5. String the ribbon through the holes.
Now listen to the excited and pleased giggles of the kids as they revel in the snowman garland they just created all by themselves.
Here are some other craft ideas for kids that you might like.
Just click on the picture to view the craft.
Home ← Kids Crafts ← Paper Plate Snowman Garland
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.