A Toilet Paper Roll Wreath is easy and cheap to make. Add some beauty to your Christmas decor with this festive recycle art idea.
Can you believe that this adorable wreath is made using toilet paper rolls? Well, it is.
This craft project is a great example of reusing old items to make a new item.
It was super easy to make and I found all the materials I needed right in my own home.
I took the toilet paper rolls out of the garbage can and already had the paint and glue. So all I had to do after that was get crafty, have some fun, and begin Christmas wreath making.
1) cut the toilet paper tubes into 1 cm units. You should get 9-10 units out of one roll.
2) Paint the toilet paper tubes in the same color scheme as I did or do your own thing. Remember to paint the insides of the toilet paper rolls as well as the outside.
3) Start putting the flowers together. You will need 6 units to make one flower. To put the flower together you must glue the units together. You do this by gluing the bottom of 1 unit to the bottom of another unit. Glue all six together and then glue unit 6 to unit 1 and you should have a flower.
4) Continue doing this until you have 10 flowers made.
5) Now you fit each flower together like a puzzle. Look closely at the picture and you'll see that I glued one petal of a flower between two petals of the flower before it. Fit all your flowers together to form a nice round wreath before you begin gluing. Once you have the flowers arranged and joined to form the perfect wreath you can then glue them together.
6) If you like, add some leaves to the wreaths as I did. To make my leaves I glued two green toilet paper roll units together at their bottoms and then attached them to the wreath in the same way I put the flowers together in step 5.
7) Next, cut little circles out of scrapbook paper and glue them to the center of your flowers.
Congratulations! You have just made your very own toilet paper roll wreath. Wasn't that easy? I bet it would be a great craft to do in a crafting group so share this craft idea with everyone.
Here are some other great craft ideas that you might like.
Just click on the picture to view the craft.