Meet my frosty Toilet Paper Roll Snowman. He is round and cuddly and would love to hang on your Christmas tree this year. But you can't have mine so follow the directions below and make a frosty friend of your own.
"Frosty the Snowman was a jolly happy soul!" Kids love snowmen and they will love making this Toilet Paper Roll Snowman to hang on their Christmas tree.
It is easy to make, cheap, and recycles empty toilet paper rolls. Making this frosty Christmas ornament is a great way to start the holiday season with your children.
Save some empty toilet paper rolls, put on some classic Christmas carols, make some popcorn and settle in to giggle with your kids. I can't think of a better way to ring in the season then to make Christmas ornaments with kids.
1. Take a ruler and mark off 2 centimeter units on the toilet paper roll.
2. Cut the units.
3. Paint three units white.
4. When the glue is dry glue the three units together. I used hot glue to make my snowman but you could try using regular school glue.
5. Take another 2 centimeter unit and cut it so you can unroll it and lay it flat.
6. Then roll this unit into a tube shape - at the proper size to make a nice hat for the top of the snowman's head.
7. Cut a circular shape out of any remaining piece of the toilet paper tube. Make sure this circular shape is a little bigger than the tube you made above because this will be the brim of the snowman's hat.
8. Cut out another circular shape that is the same size as the tube - this will be the top of the hat.
9. Paint all three parts black.
When the glue is dry thread a piece of string or yarn through the
middle of the smaller circle and make a loop. This is how you will hang
the snowman on the tree.
11. Glue the bigger circle to the bottom of the tube and the smaller circle to the top of the tube. You should now have a nice little black top hat.
12. Glue the hat on and presto! You have yourself a frosty little friend.
Now you can sit back and watch the glee on your kids faces as they hang their own snowman creation on the Christmas tree. Happy Holidays!
Here are some other craft ideas for kids that you might like.
Just click on the picture to view the craft.