A purple wax ornament will bring extra color to your holiday decor. Set aside the red and green decorations and add a little purple for a splash of color.
If your house is anything like mine then you have old crayons laying around everywhere and you hate to throw them out because they are still good. This craft idea is the perfect solution!
I chose to make a purple Christmas decoration because purple is my daughter's favorite color. What color will you choose? You can choose a Christmas color, your favorite color, a color to match the colors of your home, any color you like.
So choose your favorite color, follow the instructions below and create your own colorful festive ornament.
1. Get ready to begin.
2. Take the silver top off of the ornament and set it aside. Be sure to place the top in a spot that you will remember, you don't want to lose it.
3. Put about 1 tbsp of crayon shavings in the clear glass ornament.
The smaller amount of shavings you put in, the faster they will melt.
4. Hold the ornament in one hand and with the other blow hot air on it with the hair dryer. Continue blowing the air on the ornament until the wax shavings melt. As the wax melts rotate the ornament to spread it around.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you have coated the entire inside of the ornament with crayon wax.
* To be safe I let the glass ornament cool down for a few minutes before I added more wax shavings.
6. Put a few crayons shavings in the top part of the ornament and then put the silver top back on it. Using the hair dryer melt this wax so that it will drip inside the silver top and adhere the top the ornament.
* If you don't like this idea you could try using hot glue to securely attach the silver top to the ornament.
That's all there is to it! It is very hot on the hands at times but the end result is worth it. Attach a string, ribbon or hook to your ornament and display a little purple this holiday season.
Here are some other great craft ideas that you might like.
Just click on the picture to view the craft.
Home ← Glass Crafts ← Purple Wax Ornament
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.