A unique sea glass ornament like this one will add natural dazzle to your holiday decor. Comb the beach, collect some gems, and then start to create your own beautiful Christmas decoration.
I love absolutely everything about sea glass and I collect it every summer whenever I visit a beach.
I love how it shines and glistens when the sun hits it and how smooth its edges are from being tumbled in the salt water.
Over the years I have collected quite a pile of sea glass and have always meant to make a craft using it, but time always slipped away from me.
Now, I have finally taken the time and used some of my sea glass to create this awesome sea glass ornament.
I wouldn't say that this craft is difficult as much as it is tedious because it takes a lot of time to fit the pieces of glass together like a puzzle.
1. Plug in your glue gun and let it warm up.
2. Lay out the sea glass you would like to use on your ornament.
3. When the glue gun is heated up put a little glue around the top of the ornament to securely fasten the silver hook part to it.
4. Now start gluing the sea glass to the ornament. A small dot of glue is all you'll need for each piece of glass.
5. While gluing the sea glass to the ornament try to fit all the pieces together so there is very little or no space between the glass. This is the part that takes a lot of patience and time.
6. Cover the entire ornament in sea glass.
It took me an entire day to create this little gem but it was worth it to me because the finished product is stunning!
Here are some other great craft ideas that you might like.
Just click on the picture to view the craft.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.